Nova Scotia Muskets

smokindonuts

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Location
Napanee, Ontario
While on vacation, I took the opportunity to stop by Loyalist Arms in Harrietsfield just south of Halifax. I met the proprietor Blair who was earger to show me around his store room and workshop. What I was treated to, was a large array of very well made reproduction muskets. He has the repros made and shipped in rough finished, and then he and his team hand finish the muskets to order. The locks are timed and tested, the stocks are fitted and finished and the appropriate inspectors stamps and proof marks armoury stamps, are applied. The results are highly detailed and well finished muskets, at a reasonable cost. These finished pieces are extremely close if not perfect reproductions matching in fit, finish, and weight. Beyond the products I can say that Blair is a man who is passionate about his work and it is reflected in his products and stories, a personable guy.

A quick search for Loyalist Arms will bring up his website.
 
He mentioned that the discovery channel was out filming him and his shop for an upcoming show. They filmed him assembling and firing a matchlock and did penetration demonstrations with steel armour. He had some of the plates and it was amazing what old technology is still capable of.
 
Back
Top Bottom