NWMP Snider Cavalry Carbine

cigar_man

CGN frequent flyer
GunNutz
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Location
Ontari Ari Oh
I was reading about Dingus and his NWMP Enfield MKII Revolver.
Excellent find, BTW.

I thought maybe some of you would like to see a Snider Mk III Cavalry Carbine, Enfield 1871 that was issued to the NWMP, "D" Division 1-9 Fort Macleod.

This is a recent purchase of mine.
The only thing missing is the leather sight cover.
It is in excellent overall condition including the bore.

As a side note, the Cavalry Carbine came along with a Snider Cadet that was issued originaly to the Grand Trunk Railway.


[youtube]6d2y5VMnT-4[/youtube]
 
Very nice and very rare to find one that can be proved to be NWMP bet that cost a pretty penny
 
I also recently picked up a M1865 Spencer Carbine.

Interesting thing about the carbine is that also happens to be of Canadian Militia Issue.

It is in 56-50 and in excellent condition.

It came out of stores from Kingston, Ontario.

As far as I know locally, they where issued to the Queens Own Rifles (Battle of Ridgeway with the Finians) and local Militia's in the Milton, Ontario area.
 
QOR had some M1865 Spencer long rifles at Ridgeway in 1866. Only known combat use of a RF rifle by Empire troops.
 
Back
Top Bottom