notsorichguy
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
- Location
- The city that rhymes with fun
I have been unable to find any info about this little pistol via an internet search, not that my Google-Fu is any good......
It says "London" on one side and "Joyner" on the other.
Extensive pitting is evident, the trigger is barely hanging in the trigger guard, there is a pin missing. The bottom tang is missing a screw, so it kind flops about. The top tang has a screw, but it is loose and completely buggered.
The hammer moves, but doesn't ####.
I have seen quite a few pictures of much better examples (but flint lock) on gunbroker selling prices from $300 USD to $500 USD.
I have been asked by a co-worker (handed down from a Great Grandfather) to take a look at this pistol, see if it can be repaired and made to function. In my opinion it is a very simple repair, manufacture a pin, replace the nipple and give it a good cleaning down the bore (its pretty rusty, it wasn't cleaned after its last firing goodness knows when). The big problem to my thinking is will it reduce the value to repair it?, if so how much?
I assume that this is an antique, as such it doesn't require registration.....
Looking for any info at all.....
Here are some pics.


Cheers!
It says "London" on one side and "Joyner" on the other.
Extensive pitting is evident, the trigger is barely hanging in the trigger guard, there is a pin missing. The bottom tang is missing a screw, so it kind flops about. The top tang has a screw, but it is loose and completely buggered.
The hammer moves, but doesn't ####.
I have seen quite a few pictures of much better examples (but flint lock) on gunbroker selling prices from $300 USD to $500 USD.
I have been asked by a co-worker (handed down from a Great Grandfather) to take a look at this pistol, see if it can be repaired and made to function. In my opinion it is a very simple repair, manufacture a pin, replace the nipple and give it a good cleaning down the bore (its pretty rusty, it wasn't cleaned after its last firing goodness knows when). The big problem to my thinking is will it reduce the value to repair it?, if so how much?
I assume that this is an antique, as such it doesn't require registration.....
Looking for any info at all.....
Here are some pics.


Cheers!


















































