Old Colt, but what is it???

magpul79

Member
Rating - 100%
155   0   0
Location
Ontario
So my Dad's always been a bit of a hoarder...um I mean collector of firearms. He'd buy anything from anyone. Not a bad thing, don't get me wrong but soon it's going to be time to start thinning them out. We were looking through some and came across this.

He doesn't remember very much about it and I'm not an antique gun guy by any means. We can see its an old colt, 32 calibre and at some point someone's tried to polish it. That's where our knowledge ends.

We'd appreciate any help on identifying it and gaining more info on it. Also if anyone has an idea of value that'd be good too as it may be one of the ones going on the chopping block. Have a look at the pics and let me know.
Thanks in advance.











 
Last edited:
That is awesome!

I dunno what it is but I like it!

Sorry I can't be of any help, but that is something I would love to have and had to post....looking forward to finding out more from the experts
 
Thanks for the replies, I agree its a lightning (google is great when you have something to search for!) Would anyone know how old it is? Serial # is in the 27000s
 
32-20 Lightning.
Pretty cool rifle; guessing 600-800 value.
Depending on lots of different factors.

That sounds about right. Saw one in a gun shop when I was in Montana last with a price tag right in the middle. I'd have bought it, but problem was it was made 1901 and therefor NFA regulated. What is the bore like?
 
Last edited:
1888, cool thanks buffdog my dad will be very interested to hear that as that makes it the oldest he has.

As for the bore, I'm not real sure. There wasn't a light handy last time I was over there. Next time I visit I'll have a look and try to get a good pic
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom