Opinions on 9mm Ammo

jcuffe6240

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Location
Central Alberta
Just picked up a Beretta 92fs and looking at another 9mm, possibly a Sig. Can anyone suggest a good brand of ammo in 9mm? Also, thoughts about what brands are good for reloading too. I have shot S&B and Win.

Thoughts and opinions?
 
I've run almost anything and everything through sigs and berettas. Never had any issues. Some target loads are a little on the light side but should cycle if you have stock springs. Some of the really cheap remington/umc brass isn't worth picking up off the floor imo... but something like winchester whitebox is fine. If you can get the 'bulk packs' you can afford to reload it many many times without issues. I always lube all my cases before sizing but not everyone believes that to be necessary. I reuse them a dozen times or so then leave them behind. I'm sure that number could easily be significantly higher, but I don't bother...
 
any ammo that doesn't give you troubles will be fine as you are only paper shooting anyway. In Iraq or other personal protection situations 124 gr. federal hydrashock or speer gold dot work good. 115gr too light 147 gr too heavy and too much muzzle blast blinding the shooter and too much muzzle flip so follow up shots are more difficult. Shoot lots of different ammo some fast and some for accuracy and see what you like the best. soemtimes the cheapest is not the most fun to shoot, just be careful with lead bullets as lead buildup can give you grief .
 
please stay away from the federal/american eagle non toxic ammo
they are a pain to reload and once mixed with other brass, makes reloading unpleasant....
 
Back
Top Bottom