Photos from Heffley Creek Rendezvous (lots)

mooncoon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Location
Vancouver Island
I have been back from Heffley Creek for a week now and have finally uploaded photos to Photobucket. Below are a number of shots during the 8 days of shooting and relaxing. Total camps this year was 131 for 200 - 300 people, of which about 43 camps were in primitive. 3 shots of primitive below







Events are sponsored by individual clubs from both Canada and the US. Alberta bullseye shoot below





Also a long range cartridge shoot with muzzle loaders allowed. Farthest target was I think 600 yards with standing cross sticks while most of the rest of the targets were roughly 75 to 250 yards.







there were also lots of blankets to buy from



A couple of photos from the very scenic smoothbore trail






There was also a plank shoot; basically a 2 50 yard bullseyes and the only rule being that at least one foot had to be on the ground. Lots of different shooting positions





Finally a shot of my camp and of McLean checking the dutch oven on Saturday night. I usually cook a pot roast on the last Saturday night and this year there was a brief heavy rainfall and I decided to put a tarp over the firebox to keep the briquets from going out.




 
Thanks for the pics and comments. Would have loved to been able to shoot there. Did manage to get up and off the river and go visit Heffley Sat and Wed. Picked up some goods and supplies. Great people and camp. Next year for sure.
 
Awesome pictures Mooncoon, Thanks for sharing !
My shooting buddy and I have been talking about coming to the meet for years.... we just have to quit talking and do it..

Again, Thanks..
 
Nice pictures, it was a good shoot !

I got up for one day for the cartridge rifle trail, missed the 625 yard target but hit the 400 yard with a .44-40 Henry and then missed every thing else.
 
My shooting buddy and I have been talking about coming to the meet for years.... we just have to quit talking and do it..
.

You definitely won't regret going to the rondy. It is as much a social happening as a series of competitions and is a very pleasant and relaxing way to get away from the big city. I particularly like camping up at the back of primitive and being able to get up in the morning and look out over primitive and the area beyond while having my morning coffee. In recent years the weather has been particularly nice; sunny but not blistering hot and cool at night. In the 25 years that I have been attending, we average about 2 or 3 days with rain but usually that is just a shower or only lasts for a few hours or occurs at night while we are in bed.
I am a terrible judge of area, but I would guess Primitive to cover between 5 and 10 acres. It is sort of L shaped with a strip about 75 yards wide by 150 yards long and a second portion forming the short leg of the L that is perhaps 100 - 150 yards wide and 200 + yards deep. Tin town has a long strip along the entrance road plus a large number of sites up on the bench behind.

cheers mooncoon
 
I shot a silhouette match there about 10 years ago. Beautiful range. Looks like the rendezvous was a good time.

There is a black powder silhouette (rifle) match there each year in I think May or early June. A 2 day match with shooting from 200 to 400 or 500 yards. I have never gone to that one partly because I am not a good enough shot and partly the cost of getting off of the Island.

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom