Pietta Navy disassembly question

leveraction

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Location
Toronto, Ontario
Ive got a Pietta 1851 Navy in 44 and I'm trying to break it down but I can't get the wedge out. As far as I can see I should just be able to tap it out from right to left and that should be that, but this thing will NOT budge. I've already scratched it and I don't want to mangle the wedge any suggestions?
 
smack it harder and use a plastic headed mallet or the plastic handle of a large screwdriver. Sounds like it has been driven in too hard to start with

cheers mooncoon
 
I was waiting for someone to say "smack it harder", thanks mooncoon, now that i've got the go ahead to wail on the thing i feel much better about it. I'll let you know how I make out, thanks guys
 
The wedge on my Pietta Navy .36 from Marstar was also a ##### to get out the first time.

It took a bit of penetrating oil as well to break her free the first time.
 
I cannot get it out. I haven't fired it yet so I bet if I shoot the hell out of it it'll loosen up, I just wanted to be a bit more familiar with disassembly before I got it all dirty, thanks for the help though
 
Back
Top Bottom