poor accuracy from Fiocchi .455?

braun

Regular
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Location
Ontario
I put a box of .455 Webley MKII through my MkII Webley with a 6" MKVI barrel, and was surprised at the poor accuracy. I was lucky to put 6 bullets in a 12" circle at 10 yards.

Now I'm a rotten shot, still learning, but that's pretty bad even for me. My handloads are much more accurate, about 4" groups.

Anyone else care to share their experience with fiocchi .455?
 
I never had much accuracy joy with the original round nose hollow base bullet regardless if it was my own cast or in the Fiocchi factory round. Last time I used Fiocchi rounds out of my MKII was to dispatch a couple of pigs at close range, honestly accuracy was not that great(and I don't think it was all my fault). Yet with the Keith style FN bullets, 4-6 inch groups at 20 yards all day long.
 
Back
Top Bottom