Post your antique and repro gear and accesories

Unsub

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 98.7%
75   1   0
When i got my first antique handgun I knew I would want some gear to match.
A nice big bowie knife ,a smaller folder (I am a knife nut)a leather rig to carry it
all a belt with some .44 Russian sized loops and maybe even a pair of those repro round shooting glasses. I really like all the cool toys that go with guns almost as much as the guns themselves. I will also get myself a suit of period clothes over the next winter also.

So this is your chance to show off some of the stuff that you have to go with your guns. If your into buckskinning show us that type of gear, or if you like European firearms what type of miscellanea you have that relates.

Here is my bowie made by our own Conan and the sheath by the very talented SBranson.
UnsubsSheath_1.jpg

The inlay is real beaver tail.

I am planning on having him make me up a nice rig for my S&W as soon as I can bring myself to send her away.
mybaby.jpg

I am thinking it will be a shoulder strap like the bowie because I find even a small .44 like the 4incher S&W way to heavy to wear on my pants.


The top knife is for when the bowie is just to big but my folder in the middle with the ivory handle(yes real ivory) is not enough. The hunter on the bottom is no longer in my custody.
P3090278.jpg


Most of my accesories are knives because that is where my interest is but I am really looking forward to seeing some of your cool stuff. Anything that would look right at home with the antique guns like pocket watches or mess kits or anything else interesting.

I do have a real love for matched knife and gun sets modern or antique.
A good 6 inch bladed fighting bowie and a Colt SAA with matching grips and a custom leather rig is like my holy grail.

Here is a nice example of a gun and knife set that I wish was mine. No leather rig in the photo though.
Colt1908004.jpg
 
I like that bowie and the Sheath thats a great idea useing a shoulder strap.
Nice pics to.

Make a block of wood to the rough but close to the size of your S&W that way you dont need to mail the gun just the wood copy.
It takes time to make but better than risking your gun in the mail.
 
Back
Top Bottom