powder weight issues

kgs

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Location
Prince George
Hey guys I am shooting a model 1858 .44 cal made by pietta.
I am using triple seven fffg and a 25 gr tube on my flask. I weighed the amount of powder in the tube and it was 20 gr on my scale so does black powder and its replica powder such as triple seven weigh different than regular smokeless powder... or is it measured by volume. I thought all powder could be weighed in grains. I should mention I am fairly new to black powder guns.
 
BP and substitutes are measured by VOLUME.

Also, you do know that 777 loads should be reduced by 15%, to give the equivalent BP loads, right?
 
Yes black powder and its replacements are measured by volume. I had a guy on here once that disagreed with me and was terrible about it, he called me names and told me I was stupid. He owns one of the supporting businesses pictured up at the top.
 
Thanks guys appreciate the info; I did find some info on the hodgons site and you both are bang on. I do not want to make any mistakes.
 
Back
Top Bottom