Precision Rifle Bullets- Advice on Loads?

SigSavage

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Location
Winnipeg
Does anybody use these? I just discovered them and ordered a few different types to compare to Hornady and Barnes in .50 all around the 250gr mark. The hollow point is 330gr. I'm brand new to BP shooting and am wondering about a good approximate powder charge using 777 2F because I only got a dozen of each bullet type and can't take the resources to work up the "perfect load". Does it make a difference what caliber the actual bullet is? Some are .40, others .44 and .45, but all using a .50 sabot. I'm using an original DISC rifle, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any input.
 
Last edited:
i had the orange polly tip 240gr that I used to shoot, but i used 777 3fg powder and my load was 90 and 100 I was shooting a H&R 50 cal with the 25acp ign. system and it would shoot a nice group.
They were a 45 cal bullet in a sabot
you will have to spend the time to find the load that works , stick with a lighter load for fouling shots and then start with 70-85 gr and find what load works for the bullet.

I have shot a lot with muzzleloaders and you have to practice a lot with the load ,to find the sweet spot and when you do ,it is great.
 
Back
Top Bottom