Premium ammo 7mm rem mag

mackillan

CGN frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Location
Western Canada
I plan on hunting wild hogs with a 7mm rem mag. What high end or premium ammo(brand and model) could one purchase and how many grains are suggested? The rifle is a Sako 85 with a 9 1/2 twist.
 
Well, I started out with federal blue box in my savage 7rm - 3 inch groups.
Federal Premium with Nosler partitions - 3 inch groups

OK time to start reloading:
Nosler ballistic tips and IMR 4350 - 1 inch groups, great load but 3100fps is too much for a cup and core bullet Loaded close to the lands as well

H1000 and Nosler Accubonds - 2 inch groups Good load still hunting with it, 2900 fps
but now running low and I dont have my Press setup at my new place, so:

I buy 2 boxes of winchester power max 150 grn bonded 3150 fps(on the box) - 2 inch groups. At 26 bucks a box from walmart I have to say I'm impressed
 
Back
Top Bottom