Price check Colt percussion?

H Wally

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
193   0   0
Wondering what you guys would value this colt at?

Gun is in good internal condition but has been cleaned/had patina removed. Manufacture is early 1860's.

I'm not overly familiar with the big colt open tops. I've handled and dealt with the smaller pocket guns, but no experience with the big 44 cal models.


dcd500e9.jpg
 
Always tough to call on altered/refinished guns...

My stab would be around $1500 assuming the stamps and such are clear, the bore is good, mechanics are good, minimal surface pitting etc.
 
Blue book list the 1860 Army with round cylinder 80% = $8000, 30% =$2500, 10% = $1500, generally if cleaned or refinished cut the value in 1/2. These are of course American guide prices but predominently it represents the majority of the market for these guns. Assuming it's mechanically intact at reasonable price you might get a bargain here as most American buyers(assuming it's in the States currently) won't touch a refinished gun
 
If all the numbers match and the cylinder scene and stampings are clear and there isn't much pitting and the bore was serviceable I would pay $1000-1300 for it, then I would seriously think about having it re-blued and go over the internals to make them solid and shoot it.
 
Back
Top Bottom