Price guides for antiques

The price is based on what an item is worth to you and / or how much the seller thinks they can get from somebody. Flaydermann's guide gives a guide on relative desireability rather than actual price locally. It tends to undervalue guns that do not interest americans but do interest canadians because of the differences in our laws and particularly in relation to registration and possession licenses. In the case of long guns, the guide probably overestimates (for us) guns associated with historic american events such as civil war guns

cheers mooncoon
 
Greeting-Yes the 9th Edition is the last as far as I know-printed in 2008/9. Values have remained about right except for Colt and Winchester which have both gone up about 30 percent since printing. At least that is what I'm seeing. US market is much higher for both these marques versus CDN prices. Found Bluebook to be less than useful on antiques.
 
I'm using a traditions deer hunter flintlock rifle at the moment until I get my PAL.

Would be nice if most ranges allowed for black powder though, I rarely get a chance to shoot it :(
 
Back
Top Bottom