prvi partizan ammo ... opinions please

6.5x55swm

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I am planning on using this ammo in 6.5x55 this fall, just wondering how it performs on game. It's a real tack driver in my old swede.
 
I am not sure in 6.5x55, however this brand works quite well in 8mm Mauser. I wish that I had bought more.
 
I've got quite a bit of the prvi soft point in 7.62 x 54r. It's 150 grain. I've also got a couple of boxes of Norma at a 180 grains. I was going to save the Norma for hunting, but the other day I did a comparison test between the two. The Prvi was dead accurate, the Norma less so. I was quite surprised, since I had always been told that Norma was a very good brand. I feel a lot more comfortable with the Prvi, and will probably be using it over the Norma.
 
Never shot prvi in 6.5swede (cant find it local) but shot federal, and remington. The federal shot 2.5" groups at 100y with iron sights, remington shot 1.5" at 100y with iron sights. Shot some 7.62x39 prvi in my 858 and was fairly impressed with the groups, a bit tighter then surplus but didn't measure.
 
Prvi Partizan Urice are good quality for the price, in most calibers. They seem to be somewhat temperature sensitive. They used to come in 6.5X55 in soft point and FMJ 140 grainers. Now, it seems it's so tough to deal with them almost nobody wants to import from there. They come in the States through Graf, and were previously imported in Canada in large quantity by Century Int'l. They usually still can be found in gunshows.

Another good source is the Swedish military M/41 ammo, but they too, are getting harder to find in interesting quantity, but they are there too, in gunshows.
 
I used the Privi Partisan SP (White box 123gr?) in my 6.5x55 swede with success on deer. Deadly accurate on that 30 foot shot :rolleyes: Yeah...it was a close shot but the deer didn't even run. Just laid down and that was it.
Found two more boxes at a show last winter. Guy wouldn't budge on his price though. Stuffs getting expensive.
 
I know a fella that tried the 286 9.3 on a canadian bison and he felt that they did not perform all that well. He did end up with a dead bison, so I beg to differ.
 
Back
Top Bottom