Question About Czech Surplus Ammo

I don't think that anyone here is recommending using WD40 as a lubricant for firearms. Spraying the gun down with it is a good rust inhibitor that gives you a little more time before cleaning the gun completely. I hose it down with WD40 and then sometimes get rid of the WD40 with brake cleaner. Let dry then clean as normal with Hoppes, etc.
 
I don't think that anyone here is recommending using WD40 as a lubricant for firearms. Spraying the gun down with it is a good rust inhibitor that gives you a little more time before cleaning the gun completely. I hose it down with WD40 and then sometimes get rid of the WD40 with brake cleaner. Let dry then clean as normal with Hoppes, etc.

X2 i only use WD as a rust inhibitor and cleaner not a lubricant .. but SKSs and 858s dont really need alot of lube those things will run dry all day long,
 
Hey all!
What's the deal with it not coming in the green boxes no more but instead these budget cardboard boxes???
 
Hey all!
What's the deal with it not coming in the green boxes no more but instead these budget cardboard boxes???

I don't know but the cardboard boxes only contain 1000 rounds and my local supplier was charging $190 per 1120 rounds and is now $250 per 1000 rounds.
Needless to say I will now be looking for a different supplier.
 
We waste more time debating corrosive ammo here than most other subjects.

Forget the WD or ammonia, buy a cheap electric kettle (I paid $3 at a garage sale for mine), keep it with your cleaning kit, and never worry about corrosive ammo again.
 
WD40 guess what the WD is for....... Water Displacing.... that right so metalparts with water on them you spray on the WD40 to remove the water.

I use hot or boiling water, then some WD40 to remove the water, then I clean like normal (CLP, brush and swab)
 
Back
Top Bottom