Question four - close but not the same

maple_leaf_eh

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
These seven cartridges are very similar, but not alike.

Four have a bronze-ish colour tone to the bullet which has survived probably a century without tarnishing. I measure the bullets at .43cal (or 11mm) and the cases at 56mm (even 56.5mm). The headstamp has four characters, and I read S (rotate 1/4) A (rotate) perhaps 3 or 5 (rotate) perhaps 85. The case walls have not weathered as well as the bullets, and there are some subtle wrinkles.

The next two are very similar, but I measure the cases over 57mm.

The final one is a paper wrapped lead bullet, but longer overall than the others.

https://imgur.com/a/qOfq4LP
 
Last edited:
The lead and PP bullet ctgs are 43 Spanish ,M71 11x57R Spanish
The brass jacket ctgs are Spanish M89 Reformado 11.5x57R
 
Back
Top Bottom