question of value - S&W .32 spurtrigger

Slickmarcus

New member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Location
New Brunswick
Hi folks,
I have a question for the experts. I hope I can get a few answers back.
What is the value of a S&W .32 spurtrigger revolver ... the cacth is that it has been sandblasted and the hammer is broken. The hammer is there but broken.

thanks a lot for your inputs.

Sk
 
Sandblasted with a broken hammer is going to pretty much destroy any collector value.
There are many S&W spur trigger .32 revolvers. Some prohibited, some antique. That's going to make a difference, too.
 
Need to know when it was manufactured and if it's a center fire or rimfire, as well as if the gun is functional or not. Essentially you've asked what a 2000's ford is worth - a wheel is missing and has body damage - what's it worth?

Ideally - two or more clear pictures of the gun, description of its mechanical function, bore condition, any looseness or other damages, all markings.
 
If it is the right year it could be useful for parts Some one will have a piece they are trying to restore. I am looking for rim-fire pistols but some one will want it no matter what it is. It won't be worth a great deal but it will be better than throwing it away.
janice
 
Hey thanks a lot for your prompt responses. Impressive ! I will find out more. The guy wants 75-100 $ +shipping. I will get back to you with more details. any buyers ? LOL... Sk.
 
Hi Janice,
trying to get a hold of you, but you do not reply. just a little worried about your non-responsiveness. Are you ok ? you can send the spur trigger back if you prefer. Mark
 
Janice is fine, just a little absent-minded at times.

That is common with Asperger's people. They get so involved with something that they forget everything else, including sleeping and eating. I cook the meals around here because she forgets about them: too busy with Quantum Mechanics and flintlocks, right now.

As to that sandblasted little Smith, she doesn't let it out of her sight. It is in a case with her Harris Holland double-barrel pinfire, so it is in good company!

New parts will have to wait until we have the Mill installed. Starting to melt here now, after the worst winter in 80 years. Road IN should be dry enough to deliver the Mill in a couple of weeks. Right now it is being a kitchen cabinet!
 
Back
Top Bottom