Questions about BP or smokeless .32

Tyockell18

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
Location
Not really sure.
I'v been reading up on the subject but anyhow I still have a few questions.

I'v seen some smokeless .32 RF for sale, now is this smokeless ammo made with powder that has pressures/curve similar to BP thus deemed safe in BP rated guns?.

Or should I stick soley to BP cartridges for my American bulldog?. Not having to clean with soapy water everytime would be a plus.
 
NONE of the old-time rimfires were ever loaded to anything more than blackpowder ballistics and pressures.

Still, if I had an 1862 S&W or something, I don't think I'd be firing it at all.

.22, now: THERE is a different situation. You can blow the cylinder right out of a little old DEFENDER .22 with a modern .22 SHORT. .22LR is loaded REALLY hot compared to the old stuff.

If you're shooting a really old .22, best advised to shoot Remington Subsonics. Pressure is nice and low.

But for the .30, .32, .38, .44 Henry, .56/52 Spencer, things like that, the smokeless loads were okay in the original guns.

Just WISH somebody would turn out a billion rounds of .25 Stevens! My Cooey Canuck is hungry!

Have fun!
 
Back
Top Bottom