Ran a live .32 Rimfire pistol test, velocity, penetration & broke down a few rounds

you can make your own .22 primer by uncrimping .22 nail gun blanks dumping the powder and cutting them down a bit with a hack saw and a homemade die(a small piece of steel tubing drilled out to seat the .22 blank flush with the extra sticking out) i also do this with the .27 blanks for .32 short colt

I trust that people realize that the priming compound in a 22 rimfire comes about 1/2 way up the case and probably about the same for the various nail gun shells and blanks. I don't particularly see the need to open Hilti shells up at least in revolvers and personally have had no problems with the few that I have shot that way

cheers mooncoon
 
I trust that people realize that the priming compound in a 22 rimfire comes about 1/2 way up the case and probably about the same for the various nail gun shells and blanks. I don't particularly see the need to open Hilti shells up at least in revolvers and personally have had no problems with the few that I have shot that way

cheers mooncoon

the .22 ones ive been getting are made by cci and they seem to have all the priming compound in the rim bottom of the case only not on the sides
 
I tried to place an order with HC Collection but I couldn't get their system to accept my phone number. It rejected every variation I tried. I sent them an email but they haven't responded. How did you manage to place an order? Also, I was wondering where you found the acorn caps to use as primers. I haven't had much luck finding those either.

Thank you very much for your post! I am looking forward to giving this a try myself.

I punched in my order and it went through just fine. I think its like 11111111 for the number or 1 111 111 1111 something like that I just kept trying add a 1 to the number see what happens.
 
I punched in my order and it went through just fine. I think its like 11111111 for the number or 1 111 111 1111 something like that I just kept trying add a 1 to the number see what happens.

Thank you for the assistance guys. The second time I tried it accepted my phone number just fine. I think they added my area code to the acceptable list of ones for Canada. My order was processed and I have taken delivery.

The HC stuff is expensive but it is easy to understand why when you look at the brass. It seems they turn them out piece by piece on a CNC lathe. This brass isn't stamped. It is turned from raw stock.
 
Back
Top Bottom