Me and a group of shooters did a bulk buy on MFS ammo this past month. Hope this helps if you're thinking of getting some.
I took some of the new ammo to the range and here are my comments:
The 9mm is fine ($192/1000 rnds). I think it's covered with graphite or something so your hands get a little dirty after loading 10 magazines or so. It shoots good. No extraction issues in my Glock 17. Had 2 duds in 400 rounds so far. I picked them up after I ejected them and they were struck so they did fail. I wouldn't use this as defence ammo anyway so no big deal.
The .223 is interesting ($312/1000 rnds). I have run through 200 rounds so far, most of it rapid fire. Works fine, no extraction failures, 1 dud. Primer was struck so it's an actual misfire. In the SU-16, no flash hider, 18 1/2" barrel, the muzzle flash is impressive. I don't think there's any extra pressure, just slower burning powder maybe. (anyone else know, please chime in...) I did an A\B comparison with Remington ammo and aside from the flash there was no recoil or significant sonic difference. No noticeable flash in the AR as there is a hider anyway. Good practice ammo. I will have to admit the flash will be fun for the camping trip....
I bought some .308 but haven't shot any yet.
Any other experience with MFS, please comment. Thanks!!
I took some of the new ammo to the range and here are my comments:
The 9mm is fine ($192/1000 rnds). I think it's covered with graphite or something so your hands get a little dirty after loading 10 magazines or so. It shoots good. No extraction issues in my Glock 17. Had 2 duds in 400 rounds so far. I picked them up after I ejected them and they were struck so they did fail. I wouldn't use this as defence ammo anyway so no big deal.
The .223 is interesting ($312/1000 rnds). I have run through 200 rounds so far, most of it rapid fire. Works fine, no extraction failures, 1 dud. Primer was struck so it's an actual misfire. In the SU-16, no flash hider, 18 1/2" barrel, the muzzle flash is impressive. I don't think there's any extra pressure, just slower burning powder maybe. (anyone else know, please chime in...) I did an A\B comparison with Remington ammo and aside from the flash there was no recoil or significant sonic difference. No noticeable flash in the AR as there is a hider anyway. Good practice ammo. I will have to admit the flash will be fun for the camping trip....
I bought some .308 but haven't shot any yet.
Any other experience with MFS, please comment. Thanks!!


















































