Re-enacting 1866-1885 in ontario?

cornbinder49

Regular
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I was wondering if there were any ontarian's that would be interested in starting a re-enactment group that covered the time span of 1866 through 1885. I know of a few that cover the 1812 eara. But that is to old for me. I like the idea of using the snider in re-enacting because it's kinda different then the other re-enacting going on. Also the uniform of the time is quite appealing to me. There would be some Fenian raids, and Northwest rebellion stuff could be covered. Anyway let me know what you think.
 
I was wondering if there were any ontarian's that would be interested in starting a re-enactment group that covered the time span of 1866 through 1885. I know of a few that cover the 1812 eara. But that is to old for me. I like the idea of using the snider in re-enacting because it's kinda different then the other re-enacting going on. Also the uniform of the time is quite appealing to me. There would be some Fenian raids, and Northwest rebellion stuff could be covered. Anyway let me know what you think.

I do Rev war and we just started civil war stuff last spring "as Confederates;)"

I myself would be interested in maybe doing some Fenian raids kind of stuff a couple times a year.
And I may be able to interest a few other experienced troops along.

Hows the -snap- in your drill???;)

order arms
ease

order arms
shoulder arms


prepare to give the regimental salute
present arms

shoulder arms
mount bayonet

shoulder arms
order arms

"lots of that"
 
That sounds great. I know of a pioneer village to the south east of Peterborugh Ontario that does a Fenian re-enactment on July 1st every year. But the only thing is the Brit/Canadian troops are 1812 re-enactors. Would be nice to be alittle closer to history using P1853 Enfields, or even the sniders.
 
Back
Top Bottom