Really dirty ammo

Cerdan

CGN frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Location
Eastern Ontario
When I bought my SL8 recently I got a case of American Eagle 55gr .223 Rem. It doesn't really look it but this ammo is FILTHY. I mean really filthy, after loading a couple of mags your hands and fingers aren't just a little dirty, they're literally jet black. It's a slippery substance but not very greasy. Almost reminds me of powdered graphite.

Has anyone every seen this? Is this normal? In the two years I've been buying ammo, I've never come across anything like this.
 
I shot 250 rounds of CCI lawman 9mm. Good price and went bang everytime but man was my pistol dirty after. I mean dirty.
 
I'm not talking about ammo that burns dirty and leaves a lot of powder residue, I'm talking about factory, unfired ammo that is uncommonly dirty to handle.

Like I said in the OP, loading a couple of mags leaves your fingers jet black.
 
Might have been an odd batch. I have 500 rds of the same stuff and haven't had the same results.

Write the company with the lot # and see if they will compensate some how.
 
Yeah, I have the same problem. I bought two boxes two months ago. I loaded 10 rds into the LAR-15 map and my fingers tips turned metallic black! I dunno if it's lead, but it sure reminds of it!
 
Back
Top Bottom