Redneck snider cartridges?

Hehe, thanks for all the input guys, I appreciate it. Also, Smellie, must of been a sight to behold watching a Snider go semi, and not in a good way. Anyways I think I'll probably pick up a snider eventually as they are very handsome rifles, just not right now . Think I'll wait 'til I can set everything up after being around for 120+ years I believe the least I could do is pamper one with proper sized shells :p
 
after being around for 120+ years I believe the least I could do is pamper one with proper sized shells :p


I agree, the damn rifle was old in ww1 , give it the bloody respect it deserves...."in my biased opinion"
Im sure many will soon be pondering the benifits of pushing high velocity smokeless through them.....It makes cleanin easier...right....
 
Andy, great posts in the Brit miltaria forum. The internet is on the verge of needing a website dedicated to your many informative loading adventures.

Someday it would be neat to read about other paper patching projects you have taken on. IMHO there is just so much potential for the technique. Heck the good folks at LYMAN fired soft lead in paper at jacketed bullet velocities in a 30-06 and matched the best they could do with modern match ammo.
Anyone know of any definitive works on the subject, sure would make alot of cals safe and easy to shoot.
 
Thanks for linking that Andy, you always have cool things don't you :p. Also at Musketfire, i'm sure there are probably already a lot of people pondering that. The way I look at if it weren't designed to use smokeless, it ain't gonna use smokeless. I don't mind doing some cleaning after I shoot, can blame the flinter for that.
 
Back
Top Bottom