I am usually not too interested in refinished old Winchesters so I am not really up to speed on the values of these rifles. I saw a nice old 1873 (DOM 1881) in .44 WCF. It had a 24" barrel - which seemed a fairly heavy contour - trap door in the butt plate and just "regular" wood. I didn't take a look at the bore, but let's assume it is ok.
The rifle has been reblued and the wood refinished. The wood has not been heavily sanded so it looks pretty good. The dust cover on the ejection port is a bit gimpy - you need to manually pull it back before working the lever, and then it stays open.
What kind of ball park value would a fellow be looking at for such a rifle, again assuming it is just a regular 1873?
The rifle has been reblued and the wood refinished. The wood has not been heavily sanded so it looks pretty good. The dust cover on the ejection port is a bit gimpy - you need to manually pull it back before working the lever, and then it stays open.
What kind of ball park value would a fellow be looking at for such a rifle, again assuming it is just a regular 1873?


















































