Remington Accutip

Gerald

CGN Regular
Rating - 99.6%
234   1   0
Location
Ontario
Can anyone tell me what brand of bullet is in Remington 50gr Accutip-V Boat Tail
cartridges? The yellow tip is a 50gr but what weight is the green tip? (55gr I suspect).
 
I'm pretty sure remington makes their own accutips......

h ttp://www.remington.com/products/ammunition/components/rifle-bullets/premier-accutip-bullets.aspx
 
I'm pretty sure remington makes their own accutips......

h ttp://www.remington.com/products/ammunition/components/rifle-bullets/premier-accutip-bullets.aspx




Correct, unless Hornady sub-manufactures the projectiles (highly doubt it).


I have a box of the .308 Accutips sitting in my basement (165 gr. IIRC).
 
Correct, unless Hornady sub-manufactures the projectiles (highly doubt it).

Remington uses Hornady bullets as well as Swift A-Frames and Sciroccos in their factory loads.

Compare the Remington Accutip measurements and listed B.C.,and they are identical to the Hornady SST.In fact,Hornady was selling off some SST seconds with the same gold colored tips as the Accutips.The Remington 17Mach2 and 17HMR ammunition also uses Hornady V-Max bullets.
 
AccuTip-V is a Remington trade marked varmint bullet.
"...55gr I suspect..." No 55 grain bullet. 50 and 35 grains. The 35 is loaded in .22 Hornet ammo.
 
Back
Top Bottom