Remington L9MM1 9mm Luger 115gr Hollow Point Performance?

Cyanide Ride

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Location
Alberta
I was looking at picking up a half a case of this stuff from an online retailer, pretty sure these are NOT +P loads.

Has anyone used this at all?, I'd like to hear from you.

Such as any feeding issues , FTF, FTE, etc.

Just want to see if this is a decent defensive load with little or no issues.

Thanks in advance!
 
I was looking at picking up a half a case of this stuff from an online retailer, pretty sure these are NOT +P loads.

Has anyone used this at all?, I'd like to hear from you.

Such as any feeding issues , FTF, FTE, etc.

Just want to see if this is a decent defensive load with little or no issues.

Thanks in advance!

Remington has probably one of the most feed friendly designed for their hollowpoints, they have small hollowpoints and lots of jacket material that from the side make them look like FMJ's. They feed almost as well. I can remember running a few hundred through a Glock several years ago without an issue. I will occassionally get hickups with some other JHP designs, especially those with wide mouths. The Remington 9mm stuff has for years been the standard JHP that will load, fire and eject in even the most sensitive pistols.

My experience with it has been positive.
 
I was looking at picking up a half a case of this stuff from an online retailer, pretty sure these are NOT +P loads.

Has anyone used this at all?, I'd like to hear from you.

Such as any feeding issues , FTF, FTE, etc.

Just want to see if this is a decent defensive load with little or no issues.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I don't care what brand you buy.

1-unless you fire 200 rounds thru your gun, frankly nobody knows the answer.
2-You say "decent defensive load " .

I see you live in Canada, unless you are law enforcement, I don't see why you ask this question.
 
Hi,

2-You say "decent defensive load " .

I see you live in Canada, unless you are law enforcement, I don't see why you ask this question.

Because he is not a brainwashed sheep. He is allowed to own hollow point ammunition and wants to be sure that if he needs to use his firearm to defend his life or the life of his family that his ammunition of choice will work.

What online retailer is selling this fine ammunition that every 9mm owner in Canada should have a dozen cases of? Seriously, please pm me, I just bought a new 9mm and can't think of anything better I would like to feed her.
 
Because he is not a brainwashed sheep. He is allowed to own hollow point ammunition and wants to be sure that if he needs to use his firearm to defend his life or the life of his family that his ammunition of choice will work.

What online retailer is selling this fine ammunition that every 9mm owner in Canada should have a dozen cases of? Seriously, please pm me, I just bought a new 9mm and can't think of anything better I would like to feed her.

It is 100% legal to own hollow point bullets, But from your comments I don't see that you are a lawyer

"use his firearm to defend his life or the life of his family that his ammunition of choice will work. "

You should know that advice like this, is a recipe for disaster in any court of law in CANADA.
 
Hi,

I don't care what brand you buy.

1-unless you fire 200 rounds thru your gun, frankly nobody knows the answer.

Gushulak answered my question rather well: "I can remember running a few hundred through a Glock several years ago without an issue"

You say "noone?" I say "yes, definitely someone knows"

2-You say "decent defensive load " .

I see you live in Canada, unless you are law enforcement, I don't see why you ask this question.

My question is for the purpose of information gathering and expanding my own personal knowledge of how bullets of differing designs behave when they come into contact with various forms of media and how that design affects their operation in firearms.

I have heard/been informed that hollow point ammunition is commonly referred to as "defensive loads" as they do not over penetrate reducing the risk of collateral damage should a gunfight ever occur.

If I am incorrect in this reference or have been misinformed, please feel free to correct me.

Since knowledge is power, I crave knowledge.

If you do not have any knowledge to share other than criticism, I would 100% encourage that you keep it to yourself.

Thanks for stopping by :)
 
"use his firearm to defend his life or the life of his family that his ammunition of choice will work. "

You should know that advice like this, is a recipe for disaster in any court of law in CANADA.


I don't see that I gave him any advice. I didn't say "he must use...", I said "if he needs to use". When people are breaking into your house, or are about to kill your family I doubt anyone would be thinking about "a recipe for disaster in any court of law in CANADA".

He asked a question, I think I answered him.

Thanks for your input though, it is much appreciated.
 
You should know that advice like this, is a recipe for disaster in any court of law in CANADA.

Defence of Person
Self-defence against unprovoked assault

34. (1) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted without having provoked the assault is justified in repelling force by force if the force he uses is not intended to cause death or grievous bodily harm and is no more than is necessary to enable him to defend himself.
Extent of justification

(2) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted and who causes death or grievous bodily harm in repelling the assault is justified if

(a) he causes it under reasonable apprehension of death or grievous bodily harm from the violence with which the assault was originally made or with which the assailant pursues his purposes; and
(b) he believes, on reasonable grounds, that he cannot otherwise preserve himself from death or grievous bodily harm.
R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 34; 1992, c. 1, s. 60(F).

Self-defence in case of aggression

35. Every one who has without justification assaulted another but did not commence the assault with intent to cause death or grievous bodily harm, or has without justification provoked an assault on himself by another, may justify the use of force subsequent to the assault if
(a) he uses the force
(i) under reasonable apprehension of death or grievous bodily harm from the violence of the person whom he has assaulted or provoked, and

(ii) in the belief, on reasonable grounds, that it is necessary in order to preserve himself from death or grievous bodily harm;

(b) he did not, at any time before the necessity of preserving himself from death or grievous bodily harm arose, endeavour to cause death or grievous bodily harm; and
(c) he declined further conflict and quitted or retreated from it as far as it was feasible to do so before the necessity of preserving himself from death or grievous bodily harm arose.
R.S., c. C-34, s. 35.

Provocation

36. Provocation includes, for the purposes of sections 34 and 35, provocation by blows, words or gestures.
R.S., c. C-34, s. 36.

Preventing assault

37. (1) Every one is justified in using force to defend himself or any one under his protection from assault, if he uses no more force than is necessary to prevent the assault or the repetition of it.
Extent of justification

(2) Nothing in this section shall be deemed to justify the wilful infliction of any hurt or mischief that is excessive, having regard to the nature of the assault that the force used was intended to prevent.

R.S., c. C-34, s. 37.

From here: http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/C-46/page-2.html#anchorbo-ga:s_3_1-gb:s_34

Just because you believe the Liberal induced idea that we cannot defend ourselves and our families from scumbags, that doesn't make it so. We clearly have the right to self-defence in this country and numerous court cases have established, by name, that castle doctrine applies in your home. If you are in fear of grevious harm or death, you may use up to and including lethal force to stop the attack. The courts have also set a pretty low threshold of justification for "in fear of grevious harm" when attacked in your home.

Mark
 
Back
Top Bottom