Remington new model army Man.Dates

remington dates

greetings-info is sketchy but shows total range #15,000 to 147,000 made between 1863 and 1875. last year civil war contracts #50,000 thru 72,000 so yours would be post 1864. as i said-sketchy. mine is 71,2-- and dates 1864,one of the 1000 sold to New Jersey for the militia. these were not issued in time to see action. hope this helps. regards
 
The book REMINGTON ARMY and NAVY PISTOLS 1861-1888 by Don Ware has the info you are looking for. Unfortunately I do not have a copy.

From my notes, the highest serial number New Model Army accepted by the US Government prior to the end of the Civil War on April 9, 1865, is 148550. It was part of a shipment accepted in March 1865, and I doubt this gun would have been issued before the end of the war.

Also from my notes, NM ARMY #81728 accepted June 1864, #92603 accepted June 1864,
#12603 accepted December 1864. I think these might have been issued before the end of the war. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Powderman
 
Back
Top Bottom