This is a bit of an open ended question, but something I haven't found an answer for.
Is it common practice to use parts from modern copies of antique guns as "donour" or parts guns? I like to have spare parts, especially for older guns that even if lightly used, may have small breakdowns.
I'm thinking specifically of the colt open top series. As I understand it, even though each model produced by the different new companies has the same name, they are different from each other as well as the original... something to do with colt not selling the copyrights?
Would a colt made open top then be suitable as a parts gun?
Is it more likely that some parts would work, others not, and there's no rhyme or reason?
Is it common practice to use parts from modern copies of antique guns as "donour" or parts guns? I like to have spare parts, especially for older guns that even if lightly used, may have small breakdowns.
I'm thinking specifically of the colt open top series. As I understand it, even though each model produced by the different new companies has the same name, they are different from each other as well as the original... something to do with colt not selling the copyrights?
Would a colt made open top then be suitable as a parts gun?
Is it more likely that some parts would work, others not, and there's no rhyme or reason?


















































