Hi. I have a Pedersoli Gibbs muzzle loading rifle that I have owned for about a year and a half. While cleaning it yesterday, I realized that I have not recently removed the screw from the back side of the breech plug, the one that allows you to clean out the channel from the nipple to the chamber. First off, what is the proper name for that channel? I cannot for the life of me remember. Secondly, the damn screw is seized in there, and I broke the appropriate sized bit for my gunsmithing screwdriver kit trying to get it out. So far, I have not frigged up the screw. I assume that applying heat is my next option. My question is, how much heat can I apply before I risk damaging the finish on the breech plug? The rifle is currently sitting in the closet, muzzle up, with a small puddle of Kroil soaking in the chamber.
This is a rather embarrassing rookie mistake. I have been shooting muzzle loading rifles for over 30 years, I should know better! My advice to you all is to never pay any attention to anything I ever say again...
This is a rather embarrassing rookie mistake. I have been shooting muzzle loading rifles for over 30 years, I should know better! My advice to you all is to never pay any attention to anything I ever say again...



















































