SAA Build

Thanks for the info Dingus. The LEO shoots at my range occasionally, he is friendly enough I guess. He is not a bad guy but I can tell he sure likes the power of the badge:p
 
He was clear in his explanation and conviction, however I'm not a lawyer so who to believe. Hypothetical scenario, lets say I get a pre 1898 lets make it a Colt 1873 SAA made in 1885 in .455. Its an antique, but lets say the barrel is completely hosed, ever better yet bent like a U from Canada Post. I still get the antique letter. I then get a new 45 Colt barrel. 45 Colt is not an approved calibre for antique. According to the cop, if I put the new barrel on the gun, the antique status is void and the gun becomes an unregistered restricted handgun. Is he wrong? Anyone have legal reference saying that an antique can be converted to shoot non antique ammo? Love to see the look on his face if I can prove him wrong:p

Some of the best resources for this are on the NFA site, where a lawyer has explained the act...... http://nfa.ca/resource-items/antique-and-blackpowder-firearms
 
Back
Top Bottom