Savage model 10ml smokeless muzzle loader

The only real argument against the entire class of guns is that these seasons were conceived of at a time when such guns didn't exist, and in many cases were intended for "primitive" traditional muzzle loaders with iron sights.

I believe some jurisdictions have redefined their muzzleloader seasons to allow only traditional front stuffers, or established separate seasons for them.

I understand the argument. The only thing is where do you draw the line on primitive? Longbow and recurve, no sights? Smooth bore matchlock with bead only? No sabots? No blackpowder subs?

Personally I haven't turned my savage into a super silent sniper rifle. It is no more accurate than say a white or knight or maybe aTC. I just dont have to clean it if i take a shot. I use a 1-4x scope on it and if forced to could use the factory "irons". I also admit I use it to get an extended season. I've also used a BP rifle with a 3-9x scope on it before the savage.
 
Saskatchewan doesn't have a primitive weapon season, we have a muzzleloader season.

Someones preference in weapons should have no place in game laws. People don't hunt in bow and muzzleloader seasons because they are pillars of virtue, they do it because they want to or they like the weapons or maybe they just like the season. They aren't giving up anything, they gain a season. The same licence is good in all three seasons so pretending that they are purists is a little phoney. If a bow tag was only good in the bow season, or muzzleloader in the muzzleloader season then maybe. It would spread the pressure across a longer season and everyone would benefit.

When people complain about someone having wheels on their bow, or scopes/conicals/powder substitutes they aren't really upset about the technology. They would really just prefer that everyone else stayed home and left them with the whole bush to themselves.
 
Here in Manitoba,it's also a "Muzzleloader season ."
This year it's one Buck only, across the board for all 3 seasons.Archery (no crossbows) Muzzleloader,& Rifle.
 
Back
Top Bottom