Sharps now in 45-70

a j cave

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Just got a Sharps sideplate reads sep 12,1848. It has newer stock and a 1-18 twist barrel unknown maker. Plan on 460-535 bullets. Now I need a scope as my eyes won't do the longer ranges. A pile of work before it will bark. The previous owner only shot factory ammo and before him is a ?. I like the old patterned singles, but still need to slug the rifle. Any tips out there for a BPCR or just fun range rifle. Ps #793xx
 
Last edited:
I would get and read a copy of "The Paper Jacket" by Paul Mathews. He goes into a lot of detail about shooting black powder cartridge rifles. Is this your first black powder cartridge rifle?

cheers mooncoon
 
Sorry for lack of info posted. I have many BP guns and have shot them lots. This gun, like a few other singles in the last while, just needed to come home with me. Being a 160 year plus action I need to be carful. I will be putting some kind of scope on it, not sure what. Info is confusing. Not sure on bullets so 400-540 will be what I cast. My shooting buddy has some pp bullets for me to try.
 
Back
Top Bottom