smith and Wesson double/single action first model 44 Russian

ConnorBaldwin

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 44 Russian double action first model it's serial number is 35774 I am curious of its year of manufacture and any other info on this revolver. Seems to be a rarer model only 54000 produced I see it online down in the states for like $2500 plus.
 
I have a letter from S&W for mine. My serial # is 22###. According to S&W this revolver was available in a variety of barrel lengths and in blue or nickel finish. total production was 54,668 (53,590 in the book). They were manufactured and sold from 1881 to 1913. All frames were manufactured prior to 1898. the exact date of manufacture is not known but, if you want to send U.S. $50 to Roy Jinks the S&W historian, he will (eventually) send you a letter with the facts about your gun. My letter tells me that mine was shipped Sept 10 1891 to Simmons Hardware in St. Louis.
Not super rare but, hardly common. the book lists U.S. prices ---as new-6500,exc+ 4000, Fine-750, VG 600, Good 500, Fair-385, poor-285. In Canada a good shooter is probably $1500 and up. Hope you find this interesting! Cheers!
 
Back
Top Bottom