Smith and Wesson Model 3 Number 3 Rechambered from 44 Rus to 38 Spl

AndrewM

Regular
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Location
Calgary, Alberta
I am looking for some assistance. I have an option to purchase a S&W model 3, number 3 Russian contract revolver that has been sleeved to 38 Special. It is completely redone and reblued and polished. Is this something I should be avoiding like the plague since it was redone? I read through and looks like it would still be considered an antique since it was 44 Russian to begin with. What would be a fair price for it? Thanks!
 
It would still have antique status.
Might be interesting as a shooter.
Value as a collector's piece would be nil.
What is it worth to you to have a lightly regulated shooter, the value of which could evaporate overnight with a slight change in the regulations?
 
It would still have antique status.
Might be interesting as a shooter.
Value as a collector's piece would be nil.
What is it worth to you to have a lightly regulated shooter, the value of which could evaporate overnight with a slight change in the regulations?

Exactly what I figured. Hard to justify almost $3000 with something that could disappear very quickly! Thanks for the reply.
 
Back
Top Bottom