Caribou Canuck
New member
- Location
- Rankin Inlet, Nunavut, Canada
Hey, I have just purchased a Cimarron High Wall used in 45-70 (for $800) in excellent condition with 30" octagonal barrel. I plan to use it for hunting Caribou and Musk Ox here in the Arctic. Since low light is often a thing here during the winter I was thinking to veer away from the peep and aperture sights and go with a Smith Ladder Sight. I do well with iron sights, expecially the flat top non-buckhorn as long as they are fine. These sights LOOK great and I feel are exactly what I need, but I can find no mention online of anyone using them on anything but lever action carbines, and mainly marlin 1895's. It is made to fit a 3/8" dovetail and I have not yet received my rifle in the mail, so I can't measure it...does anyone here know if the Cimarron High Wall rear sight has a 3/8" dovetail or if the ladder sights made by Smith's will work on one?
If not, is there another sight you might recommend? I am looking for the $200 or less range.
If not, is there another sight you might recommend? I am looking for the $200 or less range.


















































