Snider top band?

tokguy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Location
Buffalo Republic
This came out of a box of parts. The gentleman who had it came from an era where it likely cannot be FSU...he quit dycking with rifles before the wall came down. I'm thinking Mauser or LE ( Edit...I posted this in Milsurp 1st...but upon reflection I think it's for a 1853 Enfield...input is welcomed)
TUTdv9dl.jpg

nDHRSUmh.jpg

The 2nd image shows a Reversed 'B' over 'T'
It has that peculiar little smooth brass capture nut to prevent further disassembly.
Somebody wants it badly to complete unsporterising a rifle...lets help them out. In the spirit of fairness, we'll go with an average of any prices that members see fit to put forth. Got to hate when a member asks for pricing help then charges as though it's off Harvey Lee's Carcano, eh?
 
It looks similer to the front band if my enfield muskatoon. I think thats just a cut down 1853.

The band is nearly the same but should have a wider part in the slit to alllow a sling swivel in there and still maintain the same gap it shows in your pic

Depending on where the sling goes..there very well could be a band that doesnt take a swivel and in that case. It would be the same as your pic
 
It looks similer to the front band if my enfield muskatoon. I think thats just a cut down 1853.

The band is nearly the same but should have a wider part in the slit to alllow a sling swivel in there and still maintain the same gap it shows in your pic

Depending on where the sling goes..there very well could be a band that doesnt take a swivel and in that case. It would be the same as your pic

It appears uncut when closely examined...thanks for the input.
We'll get one unsportered yet.
 
Back
Top Bottom