Well I figure I could post a few pictures for those who may be interested in these. It is a Spencer not a Burnside contract. This one's in the 13,### range for its serial.
Cartouche on the original stock
Dwight a perkins 1862
E.A. Williams spencer carbines 1865
And judging by the heat marking I'm guessing it saw heavy fire during indian war/ westward expansion.
The stabler Cutoff
And a marking I can find zero info on, yes pun intended
Any insight on the 000 would be great. I will see if I can find the list for the inspector cartouche and will link later if I can find again.
http://www.proofhouse.com/cm/us_inspector.htm
Cartouche on the original stock
Dwight a perkins 1862
E.A. Williams spencer carbines 1865
And judging by the heat marking I'm guessing it saw heavy fire during indian war/ westward expansion.
The stabler Cutoff
And a marking I can find zero info on, yes pun intended
Any insight on the 000 would be great. I will see if I can find the list for the inspector cartouche and will link later if I can find again.
http://www.proofhouse.com/cm/us_inspector.htm
Last edited:


















































