Springfield for Reveiw

sasktraveler

Member
GunNutz
Rating - 99.6%
252   1   1
Location
saskatchewan
I would appreciate any feedback on this musket. Any red flags here?
Has a 40'' barrel . M1863 .58 cal?
 

Attachments

  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 77
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 79
If the price is right for you, buy it. It is missing the rear sight but that is a minor issue. I would also expect the bore to be somewhat tired from the look of the photos

cheers mooncoon
 
You mean 'red flags' other than the extensive rust and pitting? And it is rust, not patina. Hard to tell from the picture, but it should have rifling too. Depends on what you plan on doing with it. Don't think I'd shoot it.
Have a look at this one. Add the W's. .antiquearmsinc.com/springfield-1863-musket.htm
 
Back
Top Bottom