Stevens Marksman value?

drslav

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
284   0   0
Location
Kanadastan
I sold my Stevens Marksman in .25stevens from a friend. It's nice and right with good rifling. May have been reblued. Someone installed a Lyman rear sight and taller front sight. My friend said it was very accurate. Anyone can tell me what it's worth ? Was an impulse trade then sale now I think i'd want to get it back or another one. Any help is appreciated.
photo1_zpsa45c8ae4.jpg

photo2_zpsfa6e714b.jpg
 
Last edited:
You saying $250 with sight? What's the chance of finding .22 barrel? Is it viable option to re barrel to something else as .22mag?
 
Last edited:
No, without the sight. Personally I would remove the sights, stick some old iron sights on it and sell it for around $250. Use the proceeds towards a .22 maybe mount the receiver and globe sight on it. You could get it relined to .22, I guess. That would be the cheapest way to go.
 
I have re-lined a few of these to .22 LR by using a 3/8" liner made from an old barrel, the firing pin of a .25 does not have to be altered for .22, but the extractor needs to be replaced, or reworked. And although it is a nice strong design, I would not use it for .22 magnum. Worth about $150, without the sight.
 
I have three of them 32,25 and one that has been converted into 22. I started collecting them because they were a cheap way ,for me to enter into the antique gun market. I love the look of them. I've shot the 32 and the 22 conversion . Both of them shoot very well. The 25 is very hard ( for me) to find amno, or I would have been using/firing it too. The 32 I have is very good to excellent condition. I paid $200.00 delivered to my door (from a fellow gunnut member) I would think that your gun would fall some where in there. The lates addition to soon be here (still in the mail) is a Stevens 22 pump I just bought..........can't wait....
Anyway if you are just looking to sell it, it is what ever the market will hold. If you are going to sell it, let me know, I would be interested in it.....all of it, with the sight.
Cheers
 
Back
Top Bottom