I picked up a 12g Zulu gun a while back on the EE. After refinishing it I started to mess about with loads. Not much data out there. I used a 12g shot shell with 60g BP. Kept the plastic wad and sleeve. I have a lot of .577 round ball for my Snider Enfield, so I loaded five of the cases with one ball each and filled the void with melted bees wax.
I took it to the range today and shot a 4" group at 50 meters. Not bad for a smooth bore and undersized ball.
The craftsmanship on this old gun is amazing. You would have thought the lock was made on a c&c machine.
I took it to the range today and shot a 4" group at 50 meters. Not bad for a smooth bore and undersized ball.
The craftsmanship on this old gun is amazing. You would have thought the lock was made on a c&c machine.


















































