saskgunowner101
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
- Location
- middle of Sask
Just as the title says, is it possible to find a replacement taller front sight for a T/C Impact? For normal loads/use, the factory sights are fine, but trying to detune for the off season....squirrels and rabbits don't require a normal load.
I found a few loads, one pellet/sabot/round ball that shoots incredible for me, as well as a 60 grains loose Pyro RS with the same. Increasing the powder eventually drops the point of impact, but the groups go haywire. I've only tested to 25 meters, but plan on 50 meter testing, which would be way past the normal distances encountered here for such things. I know I could just use a .22 rimfire, but where's the fun in that?
So, I'm looking at bringing down the point of impact about 3-4 inches at 25 meters. I plan to eventually get an old school 40 or 45 cal ML, but for now, this will have to do. Any thoughts appreciated.

I found a few loads, one pellet/sabot/round ball that shoots incredible for me, as well as a 60 grains loose Pyro RS with the same. Increasing the powder eventually drops the point of impact, but the groups go haywire. I've only tested to 25 meters, but plan on 50 meter testing, which would be way past the normal distances encountered here for such things. I know I could just use a .22 rimfire, but where's the fun in that?
So, I'm looking at bringing down the point of impact about 3-4 inches at 25 meters. I plan to eventually get an old school 40 or 45 cal ML, but for now, this will have to do. Any thoughts appreciated.


















































