T/C New Englander .54. Opinions?

Crazy Chaingun

Regular
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Hello all,

I have the opportunity to purchase a Thompson Centre New Englander .54 percussion muzzle-loader from someone I know. It's unfired, and in great shape.

I've never owned a blackpowder gun or muzzle-loader, but I've always thought it would be a fun thing to get into, and I might be able to get this one for about $300. Would just be for casual shooting, I doubt I would be hunting with it.

Has anyone used one of these guns before?
 
I have a New Englander in 50. Excellent gun. TC made a 12ga shotgun barrel for this as well. They are light for trail walks, accurate, and less intimidating for wives and young folk. You can easily sell it used for little or no lost$.
Only downside: some traditionalists frown at the black stock.
 
Back
Top Bottom