TC Triumph Barrel

archie126

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have a TC Triumph. I cleaned it well and oiled after ML season and put it away. I pulled it out today to check it as I have had an issue with rust forming in the barrel.

When I checked it tonight the barrel which was cleaned and oiled is now filthy and almost appears to not have been cleaned. I clean it and find the swabs come out rust colored. Why is the barrel forming rust when oiled?

Anyone else experience this?
 
I use only real black powder in my muzzle loaders.
I clean with hot soapy water and thoroughly dry with cotton patches.
While the barrel is still hot/warm, i run several patches lubed with natural bore butter (Oil oil and bees wax).

I have never had rust problems.

FWIW I also use the bore butter in my center fire rifles and shotguns.
 
Back
Top Bottom