Thinking about a antique colt

cory moffat

Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Not looking for a engraved beauty or a shiny nickeled one but a usable blued work horse.
However I am undecided on a double action or a single. I have read that double actions have more parts to wear and are harder to fix. Also read that the swing out cylinders tend to be weak and bend on there mount Are my fears unjustified. Or is any colt model a guy can pick up in good condition a strong and reliable gun? I would appreciate your views on the colt revolver

Thanks in advance
 
1892 Colt in 41 LC. And nothing wrong with swing-out cylinders; just hold off on the Movie spin and snap the cylinder into the revolver with a snap off the wrist crap.
Not super accurate due to the hollow based bullet but pretty decent power. Better than a 38 special for sure.
You will be at the minimum...reloading. Perhaps casting if you shoot a lot
 
I have owned Colt SAA's and a currently have a few 1892 in 38 special, 38 LC and 41LC. I have found double and single action models to both be reliable. Never had an issue with the swing out cylinders. Never had a broken part yet. I have had springs replaced and other normal maintenance.

I also have an 1892 ANTIQUE in 38 special which was built. It has a genuine 38 special cylinder taken from a 1904 dated colt 1892 and fires regular 38 special. PM if interested in it.

I think it all depends on your preference and what your willing to pay...
 
Back
Top Bottom