Thompson/ Center Firestorm Flintlock

I am confused; is it an inline percussion gun disguised to look like a flintlock? If so that would be reminiscent of the early air rifles @ 1800

cheers mooncoon
 
It's a modern muzzleloader flintlock. Though I never thought about your connection to early air rifles.

what has me confused is that the diagram at the bottom of the ad shows the firestorm to be an inline percussion system combined with hollow powder pellets. The gun illustrated however looks like a conventional flintlock

cheers mooncoon
 
It is a synthetic stocked, stainless steel barreled, fiber optic sighted, flintlock that can be used with powder pellets for the main charge.

Sort of defeats the purpose of using a traditional gun.
 
Either way, i like the idea and have been wanting one for quite some time. I actually posted this same thread over a year ago and recieved the same responses. Overcoming those responses I am still set towards getting one these nifty flinters.
"Maple leaf'- Since it is a flintlock you can purchase one of these from the U.S. of A. Try Google ;)........or You can also check with Hillfolk Musket Supplies, Senlac, SK. Doug and Beckey. 306-228-2949. They are very good people. I have purchased many many black powder firearms and accessories through them, they even fed me lunch while I was there lol.
Good Luck eh
PM me when you get one. If you do go thru Hillfolk, let me know, maybe we can do a double order.
Cheers.

I should add too, S&W/TC are setting up to no longer manufatcure the Hawken line so this may have effect on the Firestorm.
 
Traditions makes a similar rifle - the PA Pellet Flintlock.
h ttp://www.traditionsfirearms.com/product_info.php?products_id=838

If you can't find the T/C you might be able to track one of the Traditions down. I saw one in Epps last year. Also, being flinters, you should be able to get one sent up from the US without too much bother. Try Track of the Wolf or some of the other places that deal in muzzleloaders.
 
The only issue with the Traditions line is their locks. But yes they do incorporate a similar style breech for use with pellets. These flinters can be hit or miss from what I've read on other forums and have the made in Spain proof testing. I myself would either keep looking for a TC or consider the Lyman GPR flint kit. They are a fun to build to kit imo.
 
Back
Top Bottom