Tight spot in barrel?

Anfoman76

Regular
Rating - 99%
191   2   0
Location
B.C.
Hey guys and gals, first post in this side :redface:. I have a TC Renegade in .54. After I put half a dozen rounds through it I get a tight spot about 1/4 of the way down the barrel, when trying to load it. I get a sore palm on a trail shoot from whacking it. When I clean it it goes away, does anyone have any ideas how to fix this up? Or what the problem might be? Thanks in advance.
 
tight spot in barrel

lots of saliva on patch should help but i suspect its where the burn ends with the powder grade you are using.try down loading a little and see if the spot moves further into the barrel. alt try 3f if you are using 2f. i had a .50 that would coke up so bad i stopped using patch after 16 shots or so and the trail was 22.good luck. rgds, bill
 
Thanks for the answers. I am using bore butter as a lube. I'll try your ideas about downloading next time I make it out. I've never noticed a lube ring. I'm also gonna give it a good scrubbing with a 12ga brush and some bore scrubber to get rid of anything that might be built up. I read that else where. Thanks again guys.
 
Back
Top Bottom