Well here is where I am at....
I am new to shooting and hunting. I have taken my CFSC and CORE and received both licenses. (I have a drawn my first Mule Buck tag for Oct.) I then purchased a Tikka T3 30-06 and put a Bushnell 4200 3-9X40 scope on it. I joined a local range and have started shooting but can't find the "right ammo". I have shot some Premium Barnes but at 50-75$ a box it doesn't leave me much room to practice as often as I want. On the cheaper end I have shot some Fusion and Hornady but no where near the accuracy as the Triple shot Barnes.
My question is what other Tikka owners are shooting with this same setup? I would like to get the nice groupings of the expensive ammo but without the cost. (Baby in diapers) Also I have read that loading your own ammo could help put together some deadly groupings, but I am not interested in investing in loading stuff right now as I have my hands full just learning my new rifle. Is there somewhere in BC where you can buy hand loaded ammo for this gun?
Thanks for your time and knowledge.
I am new to shooting and hunting. I have taken my CFSC and CORE and received both licenses. (I have a drawn my first Mule Buck tag for Oct.) I then purchased a Tikka T3 30-06 and put a Bushnell 4200 3-9X40 scope on it. I joined a local range and have started shooting but can't find the "right ammo". I have shot some Premium Barnes but at 50-75$ a box it doesn't leave me much room to practice as often as I want. On the cheaper end I have shot some Fusion and Hornady but no where near the accuracy as the Triple shot Barnes.
My question is what other Tikka owners are shooting with this same setup? I would like to get the nice groupings of the expensive ammo but without the cost. (Baby in diapers) Also I have read that loading your own ammo could help put together some deadly groupings, but I am not interested in investing in loading stuff right now as I have my hands full just learning my new rifle. Is there somewhere in BC where you can buy hand loaded ammo for this gun?
Thanks for your time and knowledge.


















































