Took my newly acquired Uberti .45 Colt Lightning out to play yesterday .....
Once again the scuttlebutt on the net proved to be hogwash. If this rifle is a "Jammomatic", I'll take all I can get! It put three loads (two handloads, one commercial) with two bullets weights into the same 2-2/12" groups at 25 and 50 yrds - off hand. Bullets were 230 RN and 250 RNFPs loaded to correct OAL for the type.
It's definitely a rifle that needs to be operated " ... in a very determined manner ..." as the instruction sheet says; particularly when chambering the first round.
After that, it's as slick as lightning .... ;>)
A bit different in that it loads from an open bolt thru' the loading gate. To empty it, you simply keep pumping it, making me wonder how in hell it locks up .....
Don't look down at the action when ejecting an empty ..... you'll get the case in the chops .... ask me how I know ..... :>(
Once again the scuttlebutt on the net proved to be hogwash. If this rifle is a "Jammomatic", I'll take all I can get! It put three loads (two handloads, one commercial) with two bullets weights into the same 2-2/12" groups at 25 and 50 yrds - off hand. Bullets were 230 RN and 250 RNFPs loaded to correct OAL for the type.
It's definitely a rifle that needs to be operated " ... in a very determined manner ..." as the instruction sheet says; particularly when chambering the first round.
After that, it's as slick as lightning .... ;>)
A bit different in that it loads from an open bolt thru' the loading gate. To empty it, you simply keep pumping it, making me wonder how in hell it locks up .....
Don't look down at the action when ejecting an empty ..... you'll get the case in the chops .... ask me how I know ..... :>(


















































