UPS charges

"...didn't even get a kiss!!..." No dinner or sweet nothings whispered in you rear either. Couriers are well known for excessive charges for cross border shipments.
"...United States Postal Service..." Heavily restricted as to what they can and/or will carry.
 
exactly my own experiance. except, I sent the item back, it was cheaper to get it resent by USPS.

Those sons of #####es UPS! How I despise their guts.

One time, I refused the parcel, I had told the shipper NOT to ship via UPS and he did anyway.
I told "Brown" to get off the lot and to return the parcel to sender, I was refusing it.

3 days later the parcel was sitting in the back yard. I then received a bill for customs fees and brokerage fees, along with a threat to send it to a collection agency if not paid promptly.

They suck! :mad:
 
Yup..I've been raped from behind by UPS too once upon a time. About 15 years ago, I had a Pentium II processor shipped from the States via UPS, but I wasn't aware of their brokerage fees (it wasn't mentioned, of course). Anyway, the processor cost 50$ less than up here in retail, so I thought I'd save some cash... but ended up paying over 100$ in brokerage fees to UPS, as I remember. Since then, no more UPS for me.

That said, I thought they would've changed their policy since then, as it's counter-productive for business (just think about how many international clients they lose because of it!). But I guess they haven't smartened up yet. Oh well, good to know.

upssucks.jpg


;)
 
IF UPS is the only shipping method a US vendor allows, i shop elsewhere.

In my experience the UPS drivers are irresponsible liars. The people working in their customer service call in centres are not interested in anything outside the US, or unable to communicate in english. UPS management appears to be made from people who failed to make it as drivers or in customer service. Other than that, UPS is a great company.

UPS = U Pay, Stupid.
 
Any Canadians out there ordered a rifle from IMA & had it shipped to Canada via UPS. IMA can tell you what their shipping costs are but what were your experiences on the receiving end with customs/duties/taxes etc?. I know that UPS add on their own "fee" for example.
I just wonder how much extra I might end up having to pay? You can PM me if you don't want to put actual $ figures in an open letter.

Peter (Burlington, Ontario)

I declined all their "brokerage services" before and did my customs thing myself (it's your right). Customs charge GST+PST and that's all. UPS scams triple digit amount for their "service" so say "NO, Thank You" and do it yourself (one trip to the customs office).

Their "service" is not mandatory, tell them you're going to do it yourself, ask for paperwork (they must provide it). Go to customs office, pay the tax. UPS must hold it for you until you pay taxes. When paperwork is done, UPS must release it to you.
 
Back
Top Bottom